|The practice was opened by Dr Charlton senior. A branch surgery commenced in 1955-6 in a house in Grinsell Street, Kotara and later moved to Goslin Street Kotara.|
The Charlestown practice, the oldest established practice in Charlestown, was located in Pearson Street until the current Medical Centre was built.
This is the site of the current surgery building located on the corner of Smith and Smart Streets, Charlestown.The house was purchased and demolished to make way for the purpose built medical centre.
The practice has grown considerably over the years and continues proudly to take care of the health of several generations of families.